I haven’t posted anything in a while because, frankly, there hasn’t been anything to report. Since my last post, about the box I made for my playtest set, I’ve only heard from one of my playtesters. I’m a little bummed out that I haven’t heard from more of them, but oh well, people are busy.
As for myself, I’ve only gotten two games in since then, but I did end up with a lot of notes from them. I’m currently working on a pretty significant overhaul to the playtest set. No rules changes, although I will be streamlining the game a little, removing some unnecessary keywords and reducing the amount of bookkeeping involved in the average game. Additionally, I’m working on a major overhaul of the cards themselves, which result in many of them seeing new in-game costs, as well as a number having their effects changed or clarified. With that much work involved, it may take a while, in fact I’ve already missed my first intended release date on the packet (August 10th) because real life got in the way.
My plan now is to have the new edition done before the end of August, which seems pretty reasonable.